Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Revision Scheduled!

Today I finally got the phone call I've been waiting for... my revision has been scheduled for March 10th! It's not my actual birthday, but it's very close, and I told my neurosurgeon's scheduler it was the best gift I could have gotten. She thought that was odd. I guess you have to go through it to understand what I mean.

The good: the date falls on the first weekend of my mom's two week spring break, so I will have someone to take care of me. Also, my neurosurgeon doesn't normally do surgeries on Saturdays, so I guess he's making an exception for me, which is super sweet. The bad: my Medtronics rep just so happens to be pregnant (with twins, congrats Chanie!) and her baby shower is the 10th, meaning I will have to have another rep for the surgery. This makes me very nervous. Last revision I had someone other than Chanie and it was a damn mess. Also, Chanie was supposed to help me convince my neurosurgeon I need the battery pack moved to my chest, and now I'm concerned that message won't be conveyed. I cannot imagine waking up from surgery with the battery pack still in my stomach.

I am relieved. I was getting antsy waiting. Now I just need to straighten out the Medtronics rep situation and request a hospital stay from the neurosurgeon's office. I'm not sure if they expect this surgery to be outpatient, but I will be staying at least one night. I imagine I will be in more pain than any of the other surgeries since it is basically my trial surgery, implantation and last revision all wrapped up in one. I'm actually looking forward to it because that pain is temporary, these headaches are never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment